Upgrade CPU Problemen; help

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Bij toeval had ik het ergens anders net over het fixen van ventilatoren die het slecht doen. Dus als je toch al een grotere videokaart hebt. Met die Geforce GT220 doet de hele PC het dus wel? En die i5 processor geïnstalleerd?

Sorry voor de late reacties. Met de videokaart erin doet de pc het prima(i3). Hij gaat alleen naar veilige modus met de i5 erin

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator:
Wat een ontzettend pijnlijke zaak.

Ik zat even te zoeken en vond dit:
(de link naar het hele onderwerp kan ik nog plaatsen)

Hate to revive a 3 year old thread but I can provide some insider insight.

I am a computer consultant in Chicago and do a lot of hardware diagnostic repair. I have seen this issue on multiple occasions over the years specifically on Core i5 ivy bridge cpu's (desktop AND mobile) and not even on i3 or i7.

I recently replaced an i5 3220m in an HP Elitebook 8470p with an i3 3130m to correct the Intel graphics anomaly. Previously I've seen this problem on desktop PC's such as Lenovo ThinkCentre m72's and HP Compaq Pro 4300's (two of each in fact since 2013) but my first mobile experience was last week. I suspect this issue will slowly crop up as more and more systems of this era are cycled out to refurbishers. I've talked to other r2 and MAR recyclers and they have indicated a notable defect rate in ivy bridge systems compared to previous generation sandy bridge and especially Nehalem (which lacked integrated graphics and was primarily used in workstations) but wouldn't elaborate on what the defective components were (or what they thought they were) because most people will assume it is the motherboard (I would have in the case of the Elitebook 8470p if it had not been for my experience with this particular graphics driver black screen issue on other ivy bridge systems) when you need to realize Intel is not invincible.

It's hard to say if it is a lithography defect or a bad generation stepping or even a bad microcode, but in all cases once I narrowed it down to the CPU (replacing the CPU always fixed the problem) the faulty CPU always passed Intel's diagnostics tool, so even Intel's utility couldn't detect what can only be designated as a defective graphics core. Considering the graphics EU's account for a huge portion of the CPU die, a failure here isn't as hrs to rule out as you think.

Long story short, it's the CPU. Replace the CPU in any system exhibiting a BSOD (in this case black screen of death) and it will most certainly boot right to the desktop on the new CPU.

If you have a desktop chip, consider a warranty claim, although as I said, even Intel's utility won't detect a problem so you are going to have to 'talk them into it'

Hope this helps blow the lid off of what I see as becoming more common place in the future. Don't jump to conclusion and just replace that motherboard people, you might be wasting your time.

Sorry voor de late reactie. Momenteel ben ik inderdaad aan het praten met de verkoper. In hoeverre ik dit bij Intel recht ga krijgen weet ik niet, maar er staat probeer ik hem terug te mogen sturen ( particuliere verkoper ). Jou verhaal geeft daar kracht aan. Zou je voor mij de link van die post kunnen sturen, dan attendeer ik de verkoper daar ook nog even op.

bij voorbaat dank

Ik heb de vele quotes uit de berichten verwijderd, bij een directe reactie is een quote overbodig

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Steun Ons

Nieuwste berichten

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan