2003 Video Editing workstation

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Rorywullie8

Nieuwe gebruiker
Lid geworden
9 sep 2020
Hello all. Hope this is ok in English (I'm Scottish by the way).
I bought a video editing workstation in 2003. It was working 4/5 years ago but not now. I've bought another graphics card but it still won't operate. Two monitors have power as does the PC, but no image. I put it into a PC business to fix. They say the problem is not with Graphics card but with the motherboard. I've tried to source an ASUS P4B533 Gold UAY but the ones I've seen have a different suffix after P4B533. The full number is 32ZG0F8368 with 6 PCI slots. I don't have the expertise to know what board is compatible or if I really need the Gold UAY one.
I hope that explains things and I would really appreciate any help you could give me.
It runs Adobe Premiere 6.5 editing software and a Intel Pentium IV 2.8 GHZ CPU. Memory 2 x 1.0 DDR SDRAM.
I really hope you can help as I'm on my last legs with this Thanks!!!
Mike

A Pentium 4 is a socket 775 cpu so in fact, any new motherbord with socket 775 and enough PCI slots ( for expansion-cards like sata-controller or soundcard ) would do the trick.
Any of these boards should do.
2 Gb of ram for video-editting using Adobe Premiere..? You must be kidding...

Hi Scraphead. Thanks for the reply. I'll certainly try a new one. 2gb was enough to run Adobe Premiere 6.5 with a wee bit of time for rendering. I could do a 2 hr video without much problems. Your reply is much appreciated. If it's ok I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers

Right, no problem there, goodluck with choosing a replacement motherboard.
I'd advise though to double your ram to 4 Gb.
Ideal would be a PCI-e graphics card with at least 2 Gb of Vram since rendering by graphics card is much faster but I think this system is not worth the investment in that option.

I'll read how you get on Mike, Cheers m8.

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Steun Ons

Nieuwste berichten

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan