help me...

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

materna

Nieuwe gebruiker
Lid geworden
11 jun 2003
hallo allemaal

ik doe het in engels want mijn nederlands niet zo goed is.

i installed a program to manage my boot operations since i wanted to install xp besides my win98.
but i accidentily set the boot option to start from a diskette.

now when i start my pc, it just asks me to place startup disk of the program, which i don't have..
when it finishes i can't run windows from c or use my cd rom to reinstall it.
i just get "bad command or file name" when type win.

i've tried setting boot to startup from cd rom on my bios but that doesn't help either.

i read somewhere that you can change the settings in msdos.sys but when i open it with edit.exe it tells me it's read only document...

i'm getting pretty desperate is there anyone who can help me?
i live in den haag and if the soloution is complicated i need a techie..

thanks in advance

ron

Which boot program did you use? However, you can use the xp cd to repair the boot sector and reinstate the boot files from windows. Windows XP can manage booting windows 98 and windows XP, as long as you install XP after 98 this happens automatically.

If you haven't installed xp yet, you can do so now. Otherwise boot your pc with the XP installation cd and go to the console (an option offered in the installation routine). Enter "fix /mbr" and than "fixboot" and it should be fixed.

Wordt die bootmanager geladen vanuit autoexec.bat? Kan je die bootmanager niet gewoon verwijderen? En waarom wil het niet lukken met opstarten vanaf de CD?

Groetjes,
Bennie

bedankt ik zal het proberen

bedankt voor uw spoedig antwoorden.

ik heb paragon partition manager gebruikt.

ik weet niet waar de bootmanager geladen wordt.

ik heb het nog niet geprobeerd met de xp cd, en als het niet boot van de win98 cd dan.. maar ik zal het proberen.

wat percies is de console? is dat alleen met xp cd?

ik ga op zoek naar de vervloekte mbr..

nog eens bedankt

tot morgen (ik zit op de bib)

ron

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan