Need for an advice (switching Tele2 -> T-Mobile)

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

maxx000

Nieuwe gebruiker
Lid geworden
2 feb 2012
hi

sorry but I do not speak Dutch

I will need an advice of someone who knows about internet providers and their regulations

on 30 Jan Tele2 informed me that they have increased the monthly costs of my abonement. They wrote that I am free to terminate the contract with no charges, if I do not agree with the change, before 1st of March. On 30 Jan I called T-mobile, they confirmed that they could take care of cancelling my abonement with Tele2 and start a new one with them. I told them to proceed and they send me the confirmation of the new contract on 30 Jan. Today Tele2 sent me an email to say that because the contract was cancelled by another provider, they will charge me 6 months of abonement! This regardless the fact that the due date for free cancellation was 1 March. I called Tele2: they adviced me to contact T-mobile and tell them first to cancel their contract, then to call again Tele2 to cancel Tele2 contract. I called T-mobile: with my big surprise, they said that the 7 days to cancel the contract (valid by law) were expired! I called them the 2nd of February, how could the 7 days be expired? It was only 3 days after the confirmation of the T-mobile contract! I am really astonished, I don't know what to do. T-mobile asked me to write them a letter but I am pretty sure that they will reject the request.

Any advice on this crazy story would be highly appreciated.

thanks

There is no need to cancel the t-mobile subscription, simply tell t-mobile to revoke the cancellation of the tele2 contract (but keep their contract), then call tele2 yourself and cancel it manually. This way you cancel the contract yourself so there will be not extra costs (if tele2 sticks to their deal), and you proceed with your t-mobile contract.

There is no need to cancel the t-mobile subscription, simply tell t-mobile to revoke the cancellation of the tele2 contract (but keep their contract), then call tele2 yourself and cancel it manually. This way you cancel the contract yourself so there will be not extra costs (if tele2 sticks to their deal), and you proceed with your t-mobile contract.

Thanks for the kind reply.

I will try this option, I hope it works.

then you should call them again, they said they would cancel your subscription for free and they did not say this was not possible through another provider (right?). This is their fault and not yours, and you should let them know that. I would call them again and tell them you want to cancel the subscription free of charge, either through t-mobile or personally, simply cause they promised it was possible. If they disagree then you simply tell them you disagree with their new terms/prices.

Why was this not possible though? When they say you can cancel for free, and you tried through your new provider + personally yourself... what other options are there? Tell them this, if they still won't do it ask for a manager or someone in a higher rank to explain when it actually would be possible... if you can't do it through your new provider or personally, how could you do it otherwise?

Laatst bewerkt:
then you should call them again, they said they would cancel your subscription for free and they did not say this was not possible through another provider (right?). This is their fault and not yours, and you should let them know that. I would call them again and tell them you want to cancel the subscription free of charge, either through t-mobile or personally, simply cause they promised it was possible. If they disagree then you simply tell them you disagree with their new terms/prices.

Why was this not possible though? When they say you can cancel for free, and you tried through your new provider + personally yourself... what other options are there? Tell them this, if they still won't do it ask for a manager or someone in a higher rank to explain when it actually would be possible... if you can't do it through your new provider or personally, how could you do it otherwise?

i don't know, i think Tele2 is playing smart

T-mobile has fixed the starting date of my subscription on 5 March. Tele2 has the deadline for cancellation on 1 March. But T-mobile has sent the request to cancel my Tele2 subscription much earlier than 5 March (I applied on January 30)! The starting date, 5 March, should not be compared to the deadline for cancellation, which is 1 March. Did I get this wrong? What else can I do? Any other advices would be really appreciated

thanks

i think you're right, cancellation can happen before getting a new subscription. you could ask t-mobile why they can't change the starting date for you. further you are still in your right. you want to change your subscription cause you do not agree with the new prices, you told them this and told them you want to cancel. there should not even be a cancellation date for these situation since they changed their terms/the agreement.

im sorry but this is all the advice i can give you cause i simply do not know what else to do... this actually is all that you CAN do.. you should really call them AGAIN im affraid. its not bad to ask for a manager or whatever explaining that you do not agree with the new terms and that you want to cancel. they can easily make a deal, but if you do not push, they won't.

FYI: We usually tend to close topics in English / other languages other than Dutch, but seeing as this topic is about a problem with a Dutch ISP I'll leave this one open :)

Also, I've changed the topic title a bit - "need an advice" applies to almost everyone here :p

Laatst bewerkt:
Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan