Probleem met combobox databinding

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

EllenHeijmans

Nieuwe gebruiker
Lid geworden
23 dec 2009
Sorry hoor, maar ik had de vraag al op andere, Engelstalige, sites gezet. Vandaar.

I have a problem with a combobox and no page on the Internet has been able to help me so far. So I hope that one of you can.

I have a form (with information about clients) with textboxes binded to a dataview. One of the columns in the dataview contains a number that tells me what kind of client it is. I don't my users want that my users have to fill in a number in a textbox, but I want them to choose a item from a combobox. De selected value should be the value that is actually saved in the database.

This is my code:

Dim cmd As New SqlCommand

Dim dr As SqlDataReader

VerbindingMaken()

cmd.Connection = cnnVraagbaak

cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure

cmd.CommandText = "relatie.proc_OpvragenRelatiesoort"

daRelatie.SelectCommand = cmd

daRelatie.Fill(dsRelatie, "Relatiesoort")

cbo.DataSource = dsRelatie.Tables("Relatiesoort")

cbo.ValueMember = dsRelatie.Tables("Relatiesoort").Columns(0).ToString

cbo.DisplayMember = dsRelatie.Tables("Relatiesoort").Columns(1).ToString

cbo.DataBindings.Add("SelectedValue", dsRelatie.Tables("Relaties"), "Relatiesoort")

De Datasource is the information in my combobox. With Databindings I'm trying to bind it to my dataset (or view, that doesn't work either) with clients. Every time I get a NullReferenceExeption. The moment I remove the line cbo.DataSource = dsRelatie.Tables("Relatiesoort"), I don't get an error, but it doesn't work either.

That dataset is filled (I've checked) and also the derived view. The column Relatiesoort exists.

What do I have to do to make it possible for my users to choose an item from a combobox and save the selected value to the underlying dataset?

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan