Internet speeds change per computer?

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

bkhofman

Nieuwe gebruiker
Lid geworden
22 nov 2008
I have a DSL internet connection but my download and upload rates act different on each computer.

On my Mac Pro:
Download Speed: 856 kbps (107 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 851 kbps (106.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

On my Vaio SZ3:
Download Speed: 10194 kbps (1274.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 850 kbps (106.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

I have a KPN Extra DSL connection and the speeds of my Vaio SZ3 are the actual speeds of the internet connection.

The connection enters the house, is splitted and first goes through a KPN Experia Box. Then via a network cable the signal is sent upstairs. There I have a Linksys WRT54GC protected with a WPA2 personal password to provide me with a wireless network. When only my Mac Pro is turned on my speeds are very low. When only my Vaio is on the speeds are at max. When both turned on I have max speeds on both. Sometimes I have only max speeds on my Mac (rare).

This makes the problem so difficult. I'm sure the problem lies within the Experia Box or the Linksys. But where?

Experia Box:
DHCP Server: Enabled
IP Vaio SZ3: 192.168.1.14 (DHCP)
IP Mac Pro: 192.168.1.200 (DHCP)

Linksys WRT54GC:
Operating mode: Gateway
DHCP Server: Disabled
Internet Connection Type: DHCP
Local IP Address: 192.168.1.1

What I forgot to mention was that if both are on, speeds are max. Once I turn my Vaio off, my Mac keeps the fast speeds. But sometimes it doesn't. It's like once my Vaio connects somethings changes and provides max speeds for my Mac. Would that be an IP problem of sorts? It would make sense that its the Linksys. No idea what though.

Thank you!

Dit is een Nederlands forum dus ook de vragen in het Nederlands a.u.b.

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan