Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Eagle Creek

Verenigingslid
Lid geworden
3 okt 2002
Zojuist kwam ik dit tegen:
How the X2 handles
I am pleased to report that AMD has made a breakthrough in removing one of the long-standing problems with multi-GPU configs: multi-monitor support. Traditionally, with SLI or CrossFire enabled, a PC could only drive a single display—a crazy limitation that seems counter-intuitive on its face. If you had two displays, you'd have to go into the control panel enable CrossFire, thus disabling one monitor, before starting up the game. You'd then have to reverse the process when finished playing. Total PITA.

Happily, though, AMD's newer drivers pretty much blow that limitation away. They've delivered the "seamless" multi-monitor/multi-GPU support AMD promised at the time of the Radeon HD 3870 launch. Here's what I was able to do as a result. I connected a pair of monitors—a 30" LCD with a dual-link DVI port and an analog CRT—to a Radeon HD 3870 in a CrossFire pairing and enabled CrossFire. Both displays continued to show the Vista desktop with CrossFire enabled. Then I ran UT3 and played full-screen on the LCD. The CRT continued to show the Vista desktop just fine. Next, I switched UT3 into windowed mode, without exiting the game, and the transition went smoothly, with both displays active. Finally, I dragged the UT3 window to span both desktops, and it continued to render everything perfectly. Here's a screenshot, wildly shrunken, of my desktop session. Its original dimensions were 2048x1536 plus 2560x1600, with the UT3 window at 2560x1600.

Is er iemand van jullie die bekend is met zo'n soort functie van nVidia en hoe deze er uit gaat zien?

Ik heb zelf 2x een 8800GT en 3 monitoren. Ik heb SLI hiervoor dus moeten uitschakelen omdat telkens switchen absoluut geen praktische optie is en ik daarbij het nVidia paneel daar niet genoeg voor vertrouw (voelt heel buggy aan).
De scripts/tools die hiervoor beschikbaar zijn lossen ook maar 50% op en een PCI videokaart bijplaatsen is heel gevoelig voor Vista X64 en ook niet praktisch.

Het is denk ik de grootste issue waar nieuwe SLI gebruikers tegenaan lopen en ik lees overal dat het als een verassing komt: SLI ≠ Multi monitor.

Het is wat mij betreft een zeer goed feit dat AMD nu deze stap heeft gezet maar van nVidia heb ik nog niets gehoord.

Inmiddels bekend geworden dat de volgende nVidia drivers SLI en MM zullen ondersteunen.

Bedankt voor uw aller input (;)).

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan